Solid Waste Operator
We have great work opportunity for a new Solid Waste Operator to join our team working for Hastings District Council based at the Omarunui Landfill.
The position involves working at Omarunui Landfill and other Hastings District Council operated refuse and recycling facilities.
In this role you will be responsible for driving and operating company vehicles and operating heavy earthmoving equipment, as well as daily maintenance of our machinery, facilities and infrastructure.
The position is located within the Asset Management Group at the Hastings District Council and directly reports to the Solid Waste Operations Supervisor.
Key Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Working alongside staff in all landfill waste operations.
- Placement and compaction of waste.
- Loading, transporting of soil, gravel and other materials to compact and/or cover waste in accordance with company/contractual requirements and applicable regulations.
- Informing and assisting drivers and/or members of the public of proper placement for dumping loads to ensure most effective spreading or compacting of waste or other materials.
- Maintenance and maintaining the overall presentation of waste and recycling facilities.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Class 2 License (NZ) R, T, & W endorsements are essential.
- Relevant experience in operating earthmoving equipment, such as, but not limited to loaders, compactors, trucks and excavators.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
Physically fit team player, motivated and reliable, some manual work is expected.
Excellent customer service and communications skills.
Able to work 5 days a week (45 hours) including weekends if required and public holidays, as and when required.
Remuneration for position:
- $20.50 - $22.50 Hourly rate depending on experience.
- Overtime (Mon – Sat) paid at time and a half.
- Overtime (Sun) paid at double time.
- Overtime (Sat – Sun) three hours minimum paid.
- Public Holiday work – rates paid.
The Hastings District Council offers a positive, progressive work environment with professional colleagues, dedicated staff and managers who genuinely believe in making a difference for our community.
For further information and to register and apply for this role visit: https://hastingsdc.careercentre.net.nz
Applications close 26 August 2018.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: GZBO839193
Closing Date: Sunday, 26 August 2018