Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Transportation Operations Engineer
Hastings District Council is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person to work in the Transportation team in a multi-disciplinary area.
This position will:
- Contribute to sustainable development of the transport network and contracting standards
- Manage road construction and maintenance contracts to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget and with right quality
- Ensure transportation assets and services are professionally maintained and improved to meet present and future demands on the transport network
Key work areas for which this position will have lead responsibility within the collective responsibility of the Asset Management Group are:
- Asset Operations Management
- Contract Management
- Project Management
- Technical Support and Policy Advice
- BE, NZCE (Civil), REA or Diploma in Highway or Civil Engineering with appropriate experience and skills.
You will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Transportation operations management
- Transportation design
- Contract Preparation, Tender Evaluation and Management
- Financial Management
- NZ Transport Agency Programme implementation
You will have excellent leadership, financial management and meeting skills, be innovative, self-motivated and a good listener.
Applications close: 20 December 2018 with interviews to take place in January 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: KTAO839238
Closing Date: Thursday, 20 December 2018