Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Solid Waste Operations Foreman
Tihei mauri ora!
Nau mai, haere mai, tahuti mai ki Heretaunga!
Heretaunga haukūnui, Heretaunga ararau, Heretaunga haaro te kaahu, Heretaunga takoto noa!
Welcome to Heretaunga, the area renowned for its rich and fertile landscape that is sustained by its life-giving dews and waterways. Welcome to Heretaunga, whose beauty is observed by the sharp eye of the harrier hawk; a landscape rich in history and with an esteemed legacy of caring and providing for its inhabitants.
Taitara Mahi –Solid Waste Operations Foreman
Are you an experienced machine operator who wants to learn new skills? We have a great work opportunity for a newSolid Waste Operation Foreman to join our team. The role is based at the Omarunui Landfill however, work at other Hastings District Council operated refuse and recycling facilities may also be required. The roles in 45 hours per week and may including weekend and public holidays work when required. Full training in landfill activities will be provided to successful candidate.
In this role you will be responsible for driving and operating company heavy earthmoving equipment, as well as daily maintenance of our gas collection system, facilities and other infrastructure. Full training in landfill activities will be provided to successful candidate.
The key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Working alongside staff in all landfill waste operations
- Maintenance of Landfill gas collection system to supply gas engine which generates power
- Recording and monitoring records as required by resource consents
- Maintaining the overall presentation of waste and recycling facilities to a high standard
- Planning and placement of waste for compaction
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- Class 2 License (NZ) R, T, & W endorsements are essential
- Relevant experience in operating earthmoving equipment, such as, but not limited to loaders, compactors, trucks and excavators
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Physically fit team player, motivated and reliable, some manual work is expected
Excellent customer service and communications skills
Remuneration for position:
- Hourly rate of up to $24.00, depending on experience
- Overtime of a minimum of 3 hours paid at time and a half Monday to Saturday and double time on Sunday
- Call out rate paid daily if on call
The Hastings District Council offers a positive, progressive work environment with professional colleagues, dedicated staff and managers who genuinely believe in making a difference for our community. Situated in the heart of Ngāti Kahungunu, the Hastings district and Hawke’s Bay offer an enjoyable environment in which to live, work and play.We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Are you keen to be a part of our journey? If so, please register and upload your CV adn Cover Letter.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: HNAL939357
Closing Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2019